This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8839 / 53°53'2"N
Longitude: -2.4642 / 2°27'50"W
OS Eastings: 369586
OS Northings: 443182
OS Grid: SD695431
Mapcode National: GBR CR7J.9G
Mapcode Global: WH969.3MVV
Entry Name: Red Pump Inn and Pump Attached to South Wall of North Wing
Listing Date: 20 February 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163100
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183190
Location: Bashall Eaves, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Bashall Eaves
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Mitton All Hallows
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 64 SE BASHALL EAVES
9/18 Red Pump Inn and pump
attached to south wall of
- north wing
Public house, 1756 and late C18th. The later wing is of pebble dashed
rubble with imitation slate roof, the earlier wing of squared sandstone
rubble with stone slate roof. 2 storeys. The later wing faces east
and is of double-pile central-entry plan with end stacks. It has
projecting quoins and is of 3 bays, the windows sashed with glazing
bars in plain stone surrounds. The door has a similar surround.
Adjoining at right angles at the north is the earlier wing, which
projects towards the east. Its south wall is of one bay and has modern
windows with plain reveals. At the left, near the angle with the other
wing, is a plain stone door surround with 'TB 1756' on the lintel.
Moulded stone gutter. Chimney on the gable and in dividing wall with
former barn at the rear. Adjoining towards the east and now part of the
pub is a single-storey building, probably once a coach house, with a
wide entrance with segmental arch, now glazed, and a gable with coping.
Attached to the south wall of the 1756 wing is a pump, now with a modern
wooden casing, with an iron handle and with a lead spout projecting from
a lead plate which has the following cast upon it: 'JT 18-2'.
Listing NGR: SD6958643182
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings