History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Eadmor

A Grade II Listed Building in Bleasdale, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9041 / 53°54'14"N

Longitude: -2.6505 / 2°39'1"W

OS Eastings: 357359

OS Northings: 445517

OS Grid: SD573455

Mapcode National: GBR 9RX9.Z7

Mapcode Global: WH966.843D

Entry Name: Church of St Eadmor

Listing Date: 17 April 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1163233

English Heritage Legacy ID: 185420

Location: Bleasdale, Wyre, Lancashire, PR3

County: Lancashire

District: Wyre

Civil Parish: Bleasdale

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Bleasdale St Eadmer

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Chipping

Listing Text

BLEASDALE
SD 54 NE
6/33

Church of St Eadmor

17-4-1967

II

Church, 1835 on site of earlier chapel, restored and chancel added in
1897. Rendered rubble with slate roof. Comprises a west tower, nave, lower
chancel, and south porch. The tower has a parapet stepped up at the
corners, and two re-used west windows, one above the other, of two
round-headed lights with mullion. The upper stage has lancet bell
openings. The nave windows are lancets with chamfered stone surrounds and
hoods. Two short west windows light the gallery. The nave is of four bays. The
porch is in the west bay and has a short window over it lighting the
gallery. The porch door surround is chamfered with pointed head. The
chancel is of two bays, with windows on the south side. The east window is
of three lights under a pointed head with Perpendicular tracery. Inside, the
west gallery is carried on two slim iron columns and has a panelled front.
The nave has four bolted king-post trusses. The pointed chancel arch is
plastered. The open timber roof of the chancel has a truss with a king
post rising from a high arch-braced collar.


Listing NGR: SD5735945517

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.