This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3323 / 52°19'56"N
Longitude: -0.1182 / 0°7'5"W
OS Eastings: 528325
OS Northings: 272139
OS Grid: TL283721
Mapcode National: GBR K43.LZK
Mapcode Global: VHGLX.WMXW
Entry Name: The Manor
Listing Date: 4 November 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163544
English Heritage Legacy ID: 54122
Location: Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
Civil Parish: Houghton and Wyton
Built-Up Area: Houghton
Traditional County: Huntingdonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Houghton with Wyton St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Ely
HOUGHTON AND WYTON THICKET ROAD
TL 28 72 13/35
Dated 1905 on rainwater head. Designed by Rev Oliphant, in the Vernacular Revival style.
Two-storeys, red brick, plain tile roofs. Moulded brick cornice, stone-capped parapets
and gable facades with finials. Central, flat-roofed, projecting two-storey porch with
rusticated quoins and flat canopy to panelled double doors with detailed ironwork. Side
stack to right hand with polygonal, moulded brick shafts. Casement windows at both floor
levels with stone, ovolo-moulded mullions and transomes in flat gauged brick arches with
Interior: rich in detail. Galleried hall, large inglenook hearths, and changes in floor
levels. Locally forged iron fittings to windows and doors.
(Rev F J Kingsley-Backenbury Oliphant, Rector of Houghton 1901-1930. Huntingdon
Listing NGR: TL2832572139
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings