This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8988 / 53°53'55"N
Longitude: -2.3998 / 2°23'59"W
OS Eastings: 373827
OS Northings: 444812
OS Grid: SD738448
Mapcode National: GBR CRPC.74
Mapcode Global: WH96B.38JF
Entry Name: Eaves Hall
Listing Date: 16 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163739
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183314
Location: West Bradford, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: West Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Waddington St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 738 448 WEST BRADFORD
SD 74 SW
10/142 Eaves Hall
House, 1922 by Hitchon and Pickup (Pevsner). Red brick and
Portland stone, with slate roof. 2 storeys with attics, the main
part of the south facade being a symmetrical composition in a Free
Renaissance style, with stone quoins and cornice, and with 2 projecting
wings. These are linked by a balcony, in front of the recessed central
section, carried on paired Tuscan columns. In the centre of the 1st floor
is a large open pediment on paired Ionic columns, framing a tripartite
window with Ionic columns as mullions and with a Diocletian window above.
The windows have casements with glazing bars, those to the wings having
architraves, with pediments in the centre on the 1st floor. The west
facade is in 3 sections, each almost symmetrical. Towards the right is
a doorway with a large segmental open pediment on console brackets.
Towards the centre is a long window of 7 lights with square mullions,
with 4 Tuscan columns set forward, resting on the sill and supporting
an entablature. Over the central 3 lights is a semi-circular moulded
head with scallop decoration. On the 1st floor is a Venetian window
with balcony, under an open pediment. The left-hand section of the facade
has a ground-floor window similar to that of the central section, of it
lights with 6 columns. Interior planned around an informal central
lobby panelled in stained wood with Ionic columns and pilasters.
Listing NGR: SD7382744812
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings