History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Rock House and Barn Adjoining to West

A Grade II Listed Building in Slaidburn, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9677 / 53°58'3"N

Longitude: -2.4434 / 2°26'36"W

OS Eastings: 371012

OS Northings: 452498

OS Grid: SD710524

Mapcode National: GBR CQCK.TF

Mapcode Global: WH95X.FJQM

Entry Name: Rock House and Barn Adjoining to West

Listing Date: 16 November 1954

Last Amended: 16 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1163802

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183154

Location: Slaidburn, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Slaidburn

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Slaidburn St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Slaidburn

Listing Text

SD 7052-7152 SLAIDBURN TOWN END (NORTH SIDE)

17/103 Rock House and barn adjoining
16.11.1954 to west
(Formerly listed as Rock House,and Barn
GV II between Rock House and Ivy
Cottage)

House, early C19th. Scored render with sandstone dressings and slate
roof. Symmetrical composition of 2 storeys with attics and 3 bays. The
windows are 6-pane sashes with plain stone surrounds. The attic has a
central timber dormer. The door has a plain stone surround and a wooden
portico with pediment, 2 Tuscan columns and 2 attached columns. Moulded
cornice gutter and end stacks. The barn adjoining to the left and partly
used as an extension to the house is dated 'GP AD 1707' on a plaque over
the main entrance. It is of rubble with a slate roof. The wide entrance
is chamfered with a segmental head. To its right is a 6-pane sash with
plain stone surround. At the far left is a door with a chamfered surround
of punched stone, with a window with plain stone surround to its right.
The gutter brackets are of shaped stone and there is a chimney to the
right of the main entrance.


Listing NGR: SD7101252498

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.