This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0779 / 54°4'40"N
Longitude: -2.7169 / 2°43'0"W
OS Eastings: 353189
OS Northings: 464904
OS Grid: SD531649
Mapcode National: GBR 9PG8.LX
Mapcode Global: WH842.7RGN
Entry Name: Ash House
Listing Date: 7 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163950
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182093
Location: Caton-with-Littledale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Caton-with-Littledale
Built-Up Area: Caton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Caton with Littledale
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE BALL LANE
SD 56 SW
5/20 Ash House
House, 1683, altered C18th. Slobbered rubble with stone slate roof. 2
storeys with attic, 3 bays. Windows sashed with glazing bars and plain stone
surrounds. Door, in. central bay, has moulded jambs, now cut back, and a
shaped lintel with date '1683' and defaced initials. Traces of blocked
mullioned windows are visible in the stonework. Left-hand gable coping. End
chimneys, the left-hand one having a cap with weathered offsets, the
right-hand one having a round cap. At the rear is a wing having chamfered
window surrounds of C18th type in its west wall. Interior. Right-hand room
has pine panelling with raised and fielded panels and with fluted pilasters.
Left-hand room has 2 exposed chamfered main ceiling joists, one with pyramid
stops and one possibly once a firehood bressumer. The rear wing has an oak
dog-leg stair with closed string, turned balusters and ramped handrail. In
the rear room is a moulded shouldered fireplace.
Listing NGR: SD5318964904
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings