This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0809 / 54°4'51"N
Longitude: -2.6842 / 2°41'3"W
OS Eastings: 355334
OS Northings: 465219
OS Grid: SD553652
Mapcode National: GBR 9PP7.PV
Mapcode Global: WH842.RP0B
Entry Name: Bell Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163977
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182100
Location: Caton-with-Littledale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Caton-with-Littledale
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Caton with Littledale
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE CATON GREEN ROAD (NORTH SIDE)
SD 56 NW (off)
4.10.1967 Bell Farmhouse
House, 1690, altered. Slobbered rubble with slate roof. 2-cell plan with
gable entry. 2 storeys. Windows rebated and chamfered, originally mullioned.
South wall has, at left, a blocked 2-light fire window. Further right are 2
bays with no mullions remaining on ground floor and one mullion remaining in
each 1st floor window. At the right is a gabled C20th conversion in keeping,
re-using C18th mullioned windows. The west gable wall has a chamfered attic
window and 2 redundant stone corbels. At the left-hand side is a door with
moulded surround and battlemented lintel inscribed with date '1690' and
illegible initials. North wall has lean-to addition at left containing
present entrance. To the right is a 3-light mullioned window. On the 1st
floor are similar windows of 2, one, and 2 lights. Interior has chamfered
main ceiling joists, one towards the west possibly once a firehood bressummer.
Listing NGR: SD5533465219
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings