This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0976 / 54°5'51"N
Longitude: -2.6917 / 2°41'30"W
OS Eastings: 354862
OS Northings: 467076
OS Grid: SD548670
Mapcode National: GBR 9PN1.1W
Mapcode Global: WH842.M8GK
Entry Name: Ghyll House
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Last Amended: 7 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164053
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181838
Location: Halton-with-Aughton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Halton-with-Aughton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Halton St Wilfrid
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 12/04/2016
SD 56 NW
(Formerly listed as Ghyll Bank Farmhouse, previously listed as Ghyll House, Aughton)
House. '1677 T ' on lintel with early C20th extension. Slobbered sandstone
rubble with slate roof. 2 units with gable stacks. 2 storeys with attic,
and cellar under east end at ground level (on sloping site). Entrance at
west end of facade with dated and decorated lintel remaining over chamfered
doorway, now within modern extension. 3-light rebated and chamfered mullioned
window to cellar survives at east end with a chamfered door surround to its
left. Above, on the ground floor, in a similar 4-light window with mullions
removed. On the 1st floor is a blocked 1-light chamfered window at the west
end and a former 3-light rebated and chamfered window at the east with
mullions removed and sill lowered. Other windows are plain and modern.
West gable has 1-light chamfered attic window. Some rebated and chamfered
surrounds remain at rear.
Listing NGR: SD5486267076
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings