This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9742 / 53°58'27"N
Longitude: -2.837 / 2°50'13"W
OS Eastings: 345200
OS Northings: 453446
OS Grid: SD452534
Mapcode National: GBR 8QMH.L3
Mapcode Global: WH84L.DC9P
Entry Name: Barn on North-East Side of Farmyard, Norbrick Farm
Listing Date: 2 May 1968
Last Amended: 7 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164094
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182138
Location: Cockerham, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Cockerham
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Cockerham St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 45 SE COCKERHAM
12/65 Barn on north-east side of
2.5.1968 farmyard Norbrick Farm
(Formerly listed as Barn N.W.
of Norbrick Farmhouse
Barn, 1718. Sandstone rubble and cobble with stone slate roof. West wall
has, under a canopy, a wide entrance with a segmental arch with '1718'
inscribed on the keystone. To its right is a later extension. To the left
the barn projects forwards as far as the front of the canopy and has a plinth.
It has 2 modern windows. Above are 5 ventilation slits with plain stone
surrounds. The north gable wall has 2 blocked shippon doors. Between them is
a wide entrance with sliding door. Above are 2 pitching doors with plain
stone surrounds. Above them, under the apex, is a 3rd similar doorway, now
blocked. Later lean-to additions against east wall. Inside are trusses with
king posts braced to the principals. To the north of the main entrance the
barn is divided across its width by a wall with a tall pointed diaphragm arch
with plain stone surround.
Listing NGR: SD4520053446
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings