This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7687 / 53°46'7"N
Longitude: -2.8421 / 2°50'31"W
OS Eastings: 344592
OS Northings: 430593
OS Grid: SD445305
Mapcode National: GBR 8SLV.HR
Mapcode Global: WH85K.9JWP
Entry Name: Dagger Cottage
Listing Date: 11 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164155
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183627
Location: Newton-with-Clifton, Fylde, Lancashire, PR4
Civil Parish: Newton-with-Clifton
Built-Up Area: Newton-with-Scales
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lund St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
NEWTON WITH CLIFTON GRANGE LANE
SD 43 SW
9/57 Dagger Cottage
Cruck-framed cottage, dated 1653 on spice cupboard, recently renovated and
altered. Brick, thatched roof hipped at right end, with ridge chimney.
Three-bay baffle-entry plan, the 1st bay perhaps formerly a shippon. Now 1½
storeys, but formerly single-storey with 3rd bay lofted; door at junction of
1st and 2nd bays, a 3-light sliding sash with glazing bars to the right, and a
little window to the 3rd bay; deeply overhanging eaves, with inserted dormers
to 1st and 3rd bays. Left gable wall has a little window and an external
chimney stack behind the ridge; rear has doors to 1st and 3rd bays, 2 large
casements at ground floor and one in the eaves. Interior: 3 complete raised
cruck trusses of small scantling, one incorporated in the east gable wall,
others at the partitions of the middle bay, with curved slender windbraces,
that at the service end with the tie-beam cut for an inserted door on the
upper floor (suggesting that housepart was originally unceiled); service room
partition wall of posts with straight braces; spice cupboard with carved
surround lettered at the top "1653".
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.