This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7996 / 53°47'58"N
Longitude: -2.9358 / 2°56'8"W
OS Eastings: 338460
OS Northings: 434103
OS Grid: SD384341
Mapcode National: GBR 7SYH.6P
Mapcode Global: WH859.WR5J
Entry Name: Church of St Michael
Listing Date: 11 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164259
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183647
Location: Weeton-with-Preese, Fylde, Lancashire, PR4
Civil Parish: Weeton-with-Preese
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Weeton St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
WEETON WITH PREESE CHURCH ROAD
SD 33 SE
Church of St.Michael
Church, 1842, enlarged 1851 (Pevsner). Red brick with stone dressings, slate
roof with bellcote at west gable. Nave with north porch, chancel with south
vestry. Very simple Early English style. Buttressed 4-bay nave has coupled
lancets in each bay except 3rd which has gabled porch with 2-centred arch;
stepped triple lancet west window (entrance to basement boiler room below).
Slightly lower chancel,of one bay has similar windows, and small gabled vestry
on south side. Interior: arch-braced and strutted kingpost roof of stout
timbers; original pews with numbered doors; wooden minister's desk and pulpit
in matching style with simple Gothic traceried panels; west end, which is
raised over basement, has similar panelled rail and a small square organ (by
T. and C. Lane, Earl Shilton, Leics.); on south wall a framed parchment
records the laying of the foundation stone "of this church erected by public
subscription on a site granted by the Earl of Derby", on September 29th 1842,
by Thomas Clifton Esq., of Lytham Hall; and there is a decorated brass
memorial tablet in memory of the 15th Earl of Derby erected "by the servants
employed on his North Lancashire Estates 1893"; flanking east window are
painted commandment tables. Listed as apparently little-altered example of
its type and period.
Listing NGR: SD3846034103
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.