This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0849 / 54°5'5"N
Longitude: -2.5919 / 2°35'30"W
OS Eastings: 361377
OS Northings: 465604
OS Grid: SD613656
Mapcode National: GBR BPB6.NF
Mapcode Global: WH958.5L19
Entry Name: Outhwaite Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Last Amended: 24 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164555
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182598
Location: Roeburndale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Roeburndale
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Wray Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 66 NW ROEBURNDALE OUTHWAITE
2/62 Outhwaite Farmhouse (formerly listed as
4-10-1967 Authwaite Farmhouse).
House, late C17th. Pebbledashed rubble with stone slate roof. T-plan,
originally with end baffle-entry. 2 storeys, 4 bays, with drip course.
Windows rebated and chamfered, formerly of 2 lights, now with mullions
removed. Present doorway, in 3rd bay, is not original and is covered by a
single-storey gabled porch which was not shown in a photograph dated 1890.
Gables have copings with kneelers, and chimneys. The rear wing appears to
be original and has windows with rebated and chamfered surrounds, and a
gable with coping and kneelers. To the south of the wing is the original
entrance into the main living room, close to the gable wall. Its moulded
surround with shaped lintel and hood is now blocked to form a window.
Inside, the house has exposed chamfered main joists. Near the south gable
wall there is a firehood bressumer with a mortise for the heck post which
formed the original lobby-entry.
Listing NGR: SD6137765604
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings