This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8263 / 53°49'34"N
Longitude: -2.672 / 2°40'19"W
OS Eastings: 355865
OS Northings: 436881
OS Grid: SD558368
Mapcode National: GBR 9SS6.B3
Mapcode Global: WH85F.X3T0
Entry Name: Goosnargh (Oliverson's) Ce School
Listing Date: 11 November 1966
Last Amended: 13 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164579
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185898
Location: Goosnargh, Preston, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Goosnargh
Built-Up Area: Goosnargh
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Goosnargh St Mary The Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 53 SE GOOSNARGH GOOSNARGH LANE
5/51 Goosnargh (Oliverson's)
CE School (formerly listed
11.11.1966 as village school)
School, dated 1839 on south gable. Punched ashlar, slate roof.
Rectangular plan. Single storey; small pinnacles on the apex and ends of
coping to both gables; east side has moulded doorway offset to the right, 3
large vertical rectangular windows to the left and one to the right, all
with altered glazing; plain parapet. South gable has a similar but larger
window with moulded surround, and above this, recessed in a moulded frame,
a stone tablet lettered:
AT THE EXPENSE OF
R. OLIVERSON ESQ OF LONDON
AND FORMERLY OF THIS PARISH
Modern additions to the rear are not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SD5586536881
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings