This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0854 / 54°5'7"N
Longitude: -2.5921 / 2°35'31"W
OS Eastings: 361362
OS Northings: 465660
OS Grid: SD613656
Mapcode National: GBR BPB6.M7
Mapcode Global: WH958.4KXX
Entry Name: Barn on North Side of Farmyard
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Last Amended: 24 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164593
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182602
Location: Roeburndale, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Roeburndale
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Wray Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 66 NW ROEBURNDALE OUTHWAITE
2/66 Barn on north side of farm yard
4-10-1967 (formerly listed as Barn (supposed former
GV II prison) at Authwaite)
Barn, 1761. Sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. South wall has window
towards left, with plain reveals, set within blocked threshing door.
Further right there is a pitching hole under the eaves. To its right there
is a door with plain reveals. Above is a plaque inscribed: 'WEA 1761'. To
the right is a wide doorway with external sliding door. The left-hand
(west) gable has been rebuilt after collapsing and has 2 windows with
plain reveals. The rear wall is mostly covered by lean-to additions, but
does have a blocked wide barn entrance with segmental head, now containing
a smaller door and a window. Inside, the trusses have tie beams and light
collars. Much of the timber is re-used from a cruck building.
Listing NGR: SD6136265660
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings