This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9533 / 53°57'11"N
Longitude: -2.1946 / 2°11'40"W
OS Eastings: 387326
OS Northings: 450814
OS Grid: SD873508
Mapcode National: GBR FQ3Q.NM
Mapcode Global: WHB75.8W6Q
Entry Name: Pasture House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 27 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164619
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183399
Location: Horton, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BD23
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Horton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Gisburn St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 85 SE HORTON
SD 873 508
2/80 Pasture House Farmhouse
House, late C17th. Rendered rubble with stone slate roof. 3-cell
plan. 2 storeys. The left-hand cell, possibly a later addition,
has double-chamfered mullioned windows of 6 lights on the ground
floor and 4 lights on the 1st floor. To the left on the 1st floor is
a rendered chamfered surround with central splayed mullion and a
projecting sill. To the left on the ground floor is a chamfered door
surround of late Cl9th type, of rock-faced stone. The right-hand 2-cell
part of the house is of 3 bays and has windows with inner ovolo
moulding and outer chamfer, of 3 lights on the ground floor and 2 on
the 1st floor. The left-hand 1st floor window is an exception and has
a rendered chamfered surround, projecting sill, and central splayed
mullion. To the left on the ground floor is a fire window with plain
reveals. The door in the central bay has a plain stone surround and a
hood of 2 pitched stone slates. End chimneys, with 3rd chimney to right
of left-hand cell. Interior not accessible at time of survey.
The first Nonconformist ordination in Yorkshire took place here in 1678.
T. Whitehead, History of the Dales Congregational Churches, 1930.
Listing NGR: SD8732650814
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings