This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9977 / 50°59'51"N
Longitude: -4.3999 / 4°23'59"W
OS Eastings: 231690
OS Northings: 124779
OS Grid: SS316247
Mapcode National: GBR K8.KH5S
Mapcode Global: FRA 16NG.ZLP
Entry Name: No 11 (The White Cottage) and Forecourt Wall
Listing Date: 20 February 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164833
English Heritage Legacy ID: 91091
Location: Clovelly, Torridge, Devon, EX39
Civil Parish: Clovelly
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Clovelly All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS 31 24
11/23 No 11 (The White Cottage)
and forecourt wall
House. Stone plaque to frontage C.H. 1902. Rendered and whitewashed, slate roof
with clay ridges which is hipped to the right and gabled to left.
Plan : central entrance hall with flanking reception rooms.
Exterior: 2 storeys and attic in 2 gabled half-dormers with bracketted eaves, 2-
light casements with square-paned leaded lights; on first floor in the centre a 2-
light mullioned-and-transomed wooden casement with square-paned leaded lights, to
left a broad half-glazed door with transom light in 4 panes, to right a pair of
half-glazed French windows with a 4-paned transom light, bracketted balcony to first
floor with ornamental wood balustrade. Ground floor with a mullioned and transomed
2-light wooden casement to left with square-paned leaded lights, square bay window
to the right in conforming style with dentil cornice. To centre a half-glazed door
with a 3-pane transom light. Forecourt with rubble walling.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SS3169024777
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings