This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7074 / 50°42'26"N
Longitude: -3.0727 / 3°4'21"W
OS Eastings: 324351
OS Northings: 90302
OS Grid: SY243903
Mapcode National: GBR PD.XXMB
Mapcode Global: FRA 47G6.LRH
Entry Name: No 11 and Premises of the Women's Institute
Listing Date: 14 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164852
English Heritage Legacy ID: 87587
Location: Seaton, East Devon, Devon, EX12
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Seaton
Built-Up Area: Seaton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Seaton St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SEATON HAREPATH ROAD
No 11 and premises of
The Women's Institute
SY 2490 1/18
Dated 1840. School room and master's house. Stuccoed, master's house (No 11) is
roughcast. Under one slate roof with gabled ends. The school to right, in Tudor
style, is single storeyed with large three-light ovolo moulded mullion and transom
windows with leaded panes and dripmoulds. To left of school room (at centre of range)
a porch with moulded gable with finial, moulded. Tudor arch doorway, dripmould and
inscription above "Infant School 1840".
To left master's house, two storey, three window range, small two-light casements with
glazing bars, plank door at centre with flat hood. Brick chimney stack at ridge.
Listing NGR: SY2435190302
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings