History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Priory Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in Deeping St. James, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.672 / 52°40'19"N

Longitude: -0.2895 / 0°17'22"W

OS Eastings: 515757

OS Northings: 309625

OS Grid: TF157096

Mapcode National: GBR GX4.KM3

Mapcode Global: WHHN4.J3CF

Entry Name: Priory Farmhouse

Listing Date: 30 October 1968

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1164963

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194452

Location: Deeping St. James, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE6

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Deeping St James

Built-Up Area: Market Deeping

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Deeping St James

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Market Deeping

Listing Text

TF 1409-1509 DEEPING ST. JAMES off BROADGATE LANE
(west side)

14/69 Priory Farmhouse
30.10.68

G.V. II *

House. Early C17, with late C18 alterations. Coursed limestone
rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Slate roof, with raised
stone coped gables and yellow brick gable stacks. E-plan. 2
storey and garrets, 5 bay front, the outer bays are advanced and
gabled. Central doorway with original studded door in advanced 2
storey gabled porch having moulded semi-circular headed outer
arch with moulded imposts and hood, flanked by single 3 light
windows. In the side walls are further single 3 light windows,
that on the left is blocked. To first floor a central 2 light
window is flanked by single 3 light windows with similar windows
in the side walls. In the left gable is a 3 light window and to
the right a single light. All windows have ovolo moulded
mullions, stone surrounds, and cornices. In the right hand side
front is a 3 light bow window with Gothick frieze. Interior
retains contemporary dogleg stair with turned balusters, moulded
handrail and newels.


Listing NGR: TF1575709625

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.