This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6704 / 52°40'13"N
Longitude: -0.2888 / 0°17'19"W
OS Eastings: 515807
OS Northings: 309445
OS Grid: TF158094
Mapcode National: GBR GX4.KT5
Mapcode Global: WHHN4.J4PN
Entry Name: The Boathouse to the Rear of No. 2
Listing Date: 6 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165011
English Heritage Legacy ID: 194459
Location: Deeping St. James, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE6
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Deeping St James
Built-Up Area: Market Deeping
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Deeping St James
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 1409 - 1509 DEEPING ST.JAMES EASTGATE
The Boathouse to the
rear of No.2
Boathouse. Late C17 raised late Cl8. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar
dressings. Collyweston slate roof. 2 storey plus garret. South gable front
has a large ground floor opening for admitting boats, with wooden lintel. Above
a 2 light casement. East front has a ting lancet to the south, with above 2. 2
light shuttered openings. North gable wall has flight of wooden steps leading
to first floor doorway with half glazed door. Above a tiny shuttered garret light.
West front has 2 ground floor plank doors, and above 2, 21ight shuttered openings.
No.2 Eastgate is not listable.
Listing NGR: TF1580709445
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings