History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

House on South Side of Farmyard at Ringstones and Farm Buildings Adjoining in Same Range

A Grade II Listed Building in Tatham, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0833 / 54°4'59"N

Longitude: -2.5149 / 2°30'53"W

OS Eastings: 366410

OS Northings: 465383

OS Grid: SD664653

Mapcode National: GBR BPW7.B0

Mapcode Global: WH959.BMNK

Entry Name: House on South Side of Farmyard at Ringstones and Farm Buildings Adjoining in Same Range

Listing Date: 4 October 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1165021

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182648

Location: Tatham, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Tatham

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Tatham Fells The Good Shepherd

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
High Bentham

Listing Text

SD 66 NE TATHAM RINGSTONES LANE

3/111 House on south side of farmyard at
4-10-1967 Ringstones and farm buildings
adjoining in same range

GV II

House, 1676, with C18th farm buildings. Sandstone rubble with stone slate
roof. 2 storeys. South wall of 3 bays with drip course. Windows have
rebated and chamfered surrounds. The left-hand bay has blocked one-light
windows. The ground-floor window of the 2nd bay is of 3 lights with
flat-faced mullions. The right-hand window has one mullion remaining. No
mullions remain on the 1st floor. Chimney to right. The left-hand part of
the roof has collapsed, as has part of the roof and of the front wall of
the adjoining barn, which has projecting throughs. On the north side the
house has a one-light rebated and chamfered window on each side of the
door, the left-hand one with plain lintel. On the 1st floor there is a
window with plain reveals. The door has a surround whose moulding forms an
ogee shape on the lintel, which is inscribed: 'IT 1676'. The wall of the
barn adjoining to the right has partly collapsed. Beyond is a wide
entrance with segmental arch and a door, both with plain reveals. The farm
building to the left has a wide entrance with segmental arch, and a 1st
floor opening above to the right. Inside, the house has a wide moulded
fireplace with a segmental arch whose voussoirs have masons' marks.
Resting on the arch are 2 chamfered axial main joists. The lower part of
the stair is of stone, the treads re-used from a spiral stair. The parlour
has a stone fireplace. Now unoccupied and derelict.


Listing NGR: SD6641065383

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.