This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1579 / 54°9'28"N
Longitude: -2.7198 / 2°43'11"W
OS Eastings: 353094
OS Northings: 473799
OS Grid: SD530737
Mapcode National: GBR 9NFC.Z8
Mapcode Global: WH83P.6R4D
Entry Name: Gibson House
Listing Date: 7 November 1983
Last Amended: 11 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165033
English Heritage Legacy ID: 181933
Location: Priest Hutton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA6
Civil Parish: Priest Hutton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Warton St Oswald (or Holy Trinity)
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 07/08/2014
SD 57 SW
(Formerly listed as Eavesleigh, previously listed as Gibson House)
House, mid C18th with C19th alterations. Rendered rubble with slate roof.
2 storeys, 3 bays. Entrance through modern gabled porch between bays 1 and 2.
Windows have plain stone surrounds of C18th type, with a slight chamfer and
with their square mullions removed and replaced by double sashes, apart from
the right-hand window on the 1st floor which has a single sash, and the 2
windows to the right of the porch which have plain stone surrounds and
sashes of C19th type. Chimneys on gables. Against the left-hand gable is
a lower extension. At the rear is a parallel range of later date having
windows with plain reveals, one on the 1st floor having glazing bars, and a
central sash flanked by 2 fixed lights.
Listing NGR: SD5309473799
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings