This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8909 / 53°53'27"N
Longitude: -2.2725 / 2°16'21"W
OS Eastings: 382185
OS Northings: 443886
OS Grid: SD821438
Mapcode National: GBR DRKF.SZ
Mapcode Global: WHB7J.2G3K
Entry Name: Clough Head
Listing Date: 16 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165209
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183454
Location: Rimington, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Rimington
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Gisburn St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 84 SW RIMINGTON
SD 821 438
8/135 Clough Head
House, 1702, altered. Sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. 2
storeys. North wall has 2-storey gabled porch. To its right is a
double-chamfered mullioned window of 2 lights, the 1st floor having no
openings. To the left the wall is blank, with a 2-light window with
plain stone surround and square mullion on each floor further left.
To the left of this bay, above a door with plain reveals, is a similar
window which appears to be a modern imitation. The 1st floor of the
porch has a double-chamfered mullioned window of 3 stepped lights.
The door has a chamfered surround with shapel lintel inscribed
'WB 1702'. Chimney to left of porch. The south facade is of 2 bays
and has windows with plain stone surrounds and square mullions. To the
right they are of 3 lights, to the left of 4 lights with central king
mullions. To the right is a 3rd bay with similar window details, which
appears to be a modern conversion of farm buildings.
Listing NGR: SD8218543886
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings