This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.029 / 53°1'44"N
Longitude: -0.6021 / 0°36'7"W
OS Eastings: 493848
OS Northings: 348882
OS Grid: SK938488
Mapcode National: GBR DNT.4L3
Mapcode Global: WHGK3.Q4H7
Entry Name: Caythorpe Hall
Listing Date: 19 February 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165323
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193127
Location: Caythorpe, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Caythorpe
Built-Up Area: Caythorpe
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Caythorpe St Vincent
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 9248-9348 CAYTHORPE CHURCH LANE
8/36 Caythorpe Hall
Country House; 1823 by William Parsons, for Col. G. Hussey Packe.
Ashlar with hipped slate roof with lead dressings and balanced pair
of moulded stone ridge stacks. Principal east front of two storeys with
first floor band, heavily moulded cornice and plain parapet. Five bays
with centre bay recessed. Tetrastyle Roman Ionic portico with heavily
moulded entablature, covering double panelled doors which are flanked by
two bordered sashes. The portico is flanked by two glazing bar sashes in
moulded eared surrounds. Above are five similar windows. Interior has
fine contemporary marble fireplaces, restrained plastered friezes and
ceilings and a remarkable cantilevered staircase with openwork wrought iron
balustrade in the Greek taste. Arcaded stairwell lit by glazed rectangular
lantern over with delicately plastered ceiling.
Listing NGR: SK9384848882
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings