This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1812 / 54°10'52"N
Longitude: -2.6138 / 2°36'49"W
OS Eastings: 360039
OS Northings: 476329
OS Grid: SD600763
Mapcode National: GBR BN52.XX
Mapcode Global: WH94V.T5JG
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165406
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182516
Location: Whittington, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA6
Civil Parish: Whittington
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Whittington St Michael the Archangel
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
WHITTlNGTON CHURCH STREET (north side)
SD 67 NW
2/216 Manor House
House, 1658. Sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Windows
rebated and chamfered with hoods. Those to the left-hand bay are of 4
lights. On the lst floor the central bay has one of 2 lights. At the right
the ground-floor window is of 4and 2 liqhts, separated by a king mullion.
The 1st floor window is of 4 lights. The door, in the central bay, has a
chamfered surround with triangular head, and lintel inscribed: '1658 WB'
[William Bordrigg]. A later William Bordrigg bought the Manor of
Whittington in 1732.
Listing NGR: SD6003976329
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings