History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

10-14, Market Place

A Grade II Listed Building in Market Deeping, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6751 / 52°40'30"N

Longitude: -0.3167 / 0°19'0"W

OS Eastings: 513908

OS Northings: 309925

OS Grid: TF139099

Mapcode National: GBR GX3.BQD

Mapcode Global: WHHN4.31G1

Entry Name: 10-14, Market Place

Listing Date: 22 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1165415

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194559

Location: Market Deeping, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE6

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Market Deeping

Built-Up Area: Market Deeping

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Market Deeping

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Market Deeping

Listing Text

TF 1209-1309 MARKET DEEPING MARKET PLACE
(south side)

13/174 Nos. 10 to 14 (even)

G.V. II

Shops, offices and flats over. c.1830, altered C20. Ashlar,
hipped slate roof, 2 ashlar ridge stacks. 3 storey, 5 bay front,
the centre bay slightly recessed with rusticated ground floor,
first floor band and plain frieze to moulded eaves. Pair of
central 4 panel doors with fanlights, flanking single glazing bar
sash, all with rusticated voussoirs. To left are 2 C20 fixed
lights with beyond a contemporary planked door with overlight.
To right a fine early C19 wooden shop front comprising recessed
central half glazed double doors with overlight, flanked by
single shop windows, all with pilastered surround, supporting
dentillated fascia with wreaths and cornice. To first floor
central glazing bar sash with pilasters and pediment, has a
narrow balcony with semi-circular headed arched balustrade
supported on acanthus brackets, flanked by pairs of glazing bar
sashes with moulded architraves and cornices. To second floor
are 5 small square sashes with moulded architraves. Red brick to
rear.


Listing NGR: TF1390809925

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.