This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8441 / 51°50'38"N
Longitude: 1.25 / 1°14'59"E
OS Eastings: 623959
OS Northings: 221162
OS Grid: TM239211
Mapcode National: GBR VRV.BV2
Mapcode Global: VHLCT.MX55
Entry Name: The Council House
Listing Date: 27 May 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165599
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119897
Location: Frinton and Walton, Tendring, Essex, CO13
Civil Parish: Frinton and Walton
Built-Up Area: Frinton-on-Sea
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Walton-le-Soken All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
FRINTON AND WALTON OLD ROAD,
TM 21 NW
8/46 The Council House
House originally called The Wick now Council Offices. Circa 1700 with 1930's
extension to right and rear wings. Red brick. Red plain tiled roof. 2 red
brick chimney stacks to left. 2 storeys and attics. 3 gabled dormers to left.
Moulded wooden eaves cornice. Central band. 8 small paned vertically sliding
sashes to first floor with segmental arches. 7 similar to ground floor but with
glazed margins and horns. The 6 panelled 2 light door is central to the
original building with moulded capitals and bases to pilasters, frieze and
dentilled soffit to flat canopy.
Listing NGR: TM2395921162
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings