This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.865 / 52°51'53"N
Longitude: -0.5593 / 0°33'33"W
OS Eastings: 497087
OS Northings: 330690
OS Grid: SK970306
Mapcode National: GBR DQT.9G6
Mapcode Global: WHGKX.C8X0
Entry Name: Boothby Hall
Listing Date: 15 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165613
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193992
Location: Boothby Pagnell, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG33
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Boothby Pagnell
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Boothby Pagnell
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
BOOTHBY PAGNELL off MAIN STREET
SK 93 SE (west side)
1/17 Boothby Hall
Small country house. c.1630. For Thomas Harrington. Largely
rebuilt c.1824 for J. Litchford by Lewis Vulliamy. Squared
limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Stone coped
slate roofs with ball and cross finials. Moulded ashlar stacks.
Parallel ranges, the rear range is the earlier one. 2 storey with
garret, 5 bay front arranged 2:1:2, the outer bays gabled, the
inner bay recessed with parapet, plinth and moulded cornice.
Central double six panelled doors, flanked by single narrow
lights. Covered by open gabled stone. porch with 4 centred arched
opening, with plain pilasters having panelled upper sections,
flanked by pairs of tall glazing bar sashes. To first floor a
central glazing bar sash is flanked by pairs of similar windows.
All pairs of sashes are united by moulded hoods. To the garret
are 2 smaller glazing bar sashes. To the right a lower 2 storey
single bay wing with glazing bar sash to first floor. All single
sashes have moulded hoods. In the right hand rear gable is a C17
3 light mullioned window to first floor and a 2 light mullioned
window to garret, both have chamfered mullions and hood moulds.
To the rear some of the C17 stonework can be seen in the 7 bay 2
storey with attics elevation having 2 light C19 mullioned windows
with glazing bars to both floors and 7 gabled dormers to the
roof. Thishouse replaced the earlier Norman Manor house which
survives in the grounds. Source: Lincolnshire Museum's
Information Sheet No.23.
Listing NGR: SK9708730690
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings