This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7571 / 51°45'25"N
Longitude: 0.1912 / 0°11'28"E
OS Eastings: 551329
OS Northings: 208766
OS Grid: TL513087
Mapcode National: GBR MG4.TBD
Mapcode Global: VHHMG.83F9
Entry Name: Tilegate Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165615
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118090
Location: High Laver, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: High Laver
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: High Laver with Magdalene Laver and Little Laver
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 513 088 HIGH LAVER
5/13 Tilegate Farmhouse
Farmhouse, early C17, extended in C17 and C20. Timber framed, plastered with
frame exposed, roofed with handmade red clay nib-tiles. Originally of 3 bays
aligned approx. N-S, extended to N by one short bay and one normal bay in C17.
2 internal chimney stacks. (N stack built 1982.) Extension to S, 1926, re-using
panelling, fireplaces and other internal features of an early C19 house.
Extension to W, c.1980. Single storey timber framed and thatched building to
N, C19, originally a dairy, later an indoor swimming pool. C20 casements.
Hipped roof on S extension only. Some framing exposed internally. Jowled
posts, straight braces trenched inside studs in original building, primary
straight bracing in N extension. Queen strut roof. Extensive repairs to timber
Listing NGR: TL5132908766
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings