This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4512 / 53°27'4"N
Longitude: 0.134 / 0°8'2"E
OS Eastings: 541810
OS Northings: 397056
OS Grid: TF418970
Mapcode National: GBR YXCJ.TK
Mapcode Global: WHJKM.1J33
Entry Name: Nonconformist Cemetery Chapel
Listing Date: 17 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165693
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195483
Location: North Somercotes, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: North Somercotes
Built-Up Area: North Somercotes
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: North and South Somercotes St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
NORTH SOMERCOTES CEMETERY ROAD
TF 49 NW
Non-Conformist cemetery chapel now store room. 1879. Red brick,
some stock brick, limestone ashlar dressings. Steeply pitched
hipped slate roofs with stock brick eaves. Rectangular plan with
apsidal south end. Stock brick dressed plinth runs round entire
chapel. 3 bay north front with 4 regularly spaced 2 stage
buttresses with ashlar set-offs. Central bay projects slightly
and rises to gable broken through by tall bellcote with steeply
pitched gable, pointed bell opening with hood mould and bell,
stock brick decoration. Central doorway with pointed head,
moulded, double chamfered surround, hood mould and plank door.
Plaque above doorway with quatrefoil inscribed 'AD 1879'.
Doorway flanked by single pointed windows with stock brick
surrounds and ashlar hood moulds with stock brick bands above and
below. East and west sides each with 2 stock brick bands and 2
pointed windows with stock brick surrounds and ashlar hood
moulds, alternating with 3 two stage buttresses with ashlar set-
offs. Apsidal south end with 2 stock brick bands and 3 pointed
windows with stock brick surrounds and ashlar hood moulds,
alternating with 4 two stage buttresses with ashlar set-offs.
Interior with 2 ashlar bands running round entire chapel. Multi-
timbered hip roof. Contemporary pulpit and pews.
Listing NGR: TF4181097056
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings