History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old School and School House

A Grade II Listed Building in Uffington, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6572 / 52°39'26"N

Longitude: -0.4311 / 0°25'51"W

OS Eastings: 506217

OS Northings: 307766

OS Grid: TF062077

Mapcode National: GBR FVT.KS5

Mapcode Global: WHGLY.BGYR

Entry Name: Old School and School House

Listing Date: 22 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1165754

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194646

Location: Uffington, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Uffington

Built-Up Area: Uffington (South Kesteven)

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Uffington St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Stamford

Listing Text

TF 00 NE UFFINGTON SCHOOL LANE
(west side)
9/260
Old School and
School House

G.V. II

School and house. 1848. Coursed and squared limestone rubble
with ashlar quoins and dressings. Collyweston slate roofs with
raised stone coped gables and moulded kneelers. Single gable,
ridge and wall stacks, ashlar, with paired, triple and single
shafts with cornices, respectively. T-plan. One and a half
storeys, 3 bay front, dentillated stone cornice, the left hand
bay is advanced and separately gabled. Central planked and
ribbed door in moulded flat Tudor stone surround with cornice.
To right a 3 light mullioned window, to left a rectangular 4
light bay window with hipped Collyweston slate roof. Over the
door an ashlar panel with Bertie Wildman figure and ducal coronet
with inscription "This house and schoolroom the property of
George Augustus Frederick; Earl of Lindsey, built 1848". Flanked
by single 2 light windows, the one on the left being through
eaves and gabled. All windows have ovolo moulded mullions and
casements. To the rear is the schoolroom range of 3 bays and
single storey with 3 three light timber mullioned and transomed
windows.


Listing NGR: TF0621707766

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.