This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8655 / 51°51'55"N
Longitude: 1.2849 / 1°17'5"E
OS Eastings: 626260
OS Northings: 223646
OS Grid: TM262236
Mapcode National: GBR VRJ.TZY
Mapcode Global: VHLCV.7C4R
Entry Name: Navigation Tower at Walton Hall
Listing Date: 1 June 1950
Last Amended: 4 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165806
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119937
Location: Frinton and Walton, Tendring, Essex, CO14
Civil Parish: Frinton and Walton
Built-Up Area: Walton-on-the-Naze
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Walton-le-Soken All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
FRINTON AND WALTON OLD HALL LANE,
TM 22 SE
4/88 Navigation tower at
Walton Hall. ( Formerly
6/50 listed as Walton Hall)
Navagation tower incorporating a dwelling, attached to a derelict house.
Not of special architectural interest. C18. Brick built, mostly plastered.
A tall square building with a flat roof. Chimney stack to west wall.
Probably 3 storeys. 2 windows to upper storey of east wall and single windows
to north and west walls. Limited viewing at time of resurvey as the buildig is
enclosed by barbed wire. The tower was formerly used as a lead light with
Naze Tower g,v 4/96 to guide vessels through the Goldmer Gap. Towers are shown
on a map by Richard Blome 1673 and this map was based on maps by Saxon 1576 and
Norden 1594. The Tower Block is clearly visible on the Chapman and Andre map
Listing NGR: TM2626023646
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings