History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Paradise Cottage West and Paradise Cottage East

A Grade II Listed Building in Caistor, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4965 / 53°29'47"N

Longitude: -0.3174 / 0°19'2"W

OS Eastings: 511713

OS Northings: 401295

OS Grid: TA117012

Mapcode National: GBR VX70.2B

Mapcode Global: WHHJ2.3C3V

Entry Name: Paradise Cottage West and Paradise Cottage East

Listing Date: 21 October 1976

Last Amended: 24 January 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1166111

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196593

Location: Caistor, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN7

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Caistor

Built-Up Area: Caistor

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Caistor with Clixby

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Nettleton

Listing Text

TA 1001-1101 CAISTOR CHURCH FOLLY

9/42 Paradise Cottage
West and
Paradise Cottage
21-10-76 East (Formerly
listed as No's 1, 2 and 3
Paradise Row)

G.V. II

Row of 2 houses, early C19, coursed ironstone rubble, red brick
(English Garden Wall Bond of 3) pantiled roof, stone coped gables
and kneelers with 2 ridge stacks, brick front has been toothed
into ironstone gable at the left hand end. 3 storey, 6 bays on
ground floor, 4 bays on first floor front, brick dentillated
eaves course. On the ground floor is a central glazed C20 door
with 3 pane overlight. Flanked by a pair of glazing bar sashes
and a glazed door and the door on the right is covered by a C20
glazed porch. First floor has 4 glazing bar sashes, second floor
has 4 smaller glazing bar sashes. All openings have brick
segmental heads. Interior has 2 Cl9 cast iron ranges in plain
surrounds with bracketed mantels and upstairs 2 bath grates.
Lime ash floors. External stone walls at rear and gables are
three feet thick with very large quoins and some chalk patching
at a high level. There is a local tradition that the building
was originally a tithe barn, but this seems improbable in view
of its narrowness, height and absence of large side opening at
rear.


Listing NGR: TA1171301295

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.