History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cross Keys and Adjoining Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Slyne-with-Hest, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0842 / 54°5'3"N

Longitude: -2.8009 / 2°48'3"W

OS Eastings: 347702

OS Northings: 465661

OS Grid: SD477656

Mapcode National: GBR 8PW6.DP

Mapcode Global: WH840.YLDV

Entry Name: Cross Keys and Adjoining Barn

Listing Date: 7 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1166158

English Heritage Legacy ID: 181983

Location: Slyne-with-Hest, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Slyne-with-Hest

Built-Up Area: Bolton-le-Sands

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Slyne with Hest St Luke

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Hest Bank

Listing Text

SD 47 65 SLYNE-WITH-HEST SLYNE ROAD
(east side)

14/220 Cross Keys and adjoining barn

II


Public House. 1727 and 1830, altered early C20th. Rendered rubble with
slate roof. 2 storeys. Left-hand portion has central entry with gable
stacks. Mullioned windows on ground floor, all chamfered and rendered.
To the left of the door is one of 2 lights, with one of 3 lights to the
right. 2 sashed windows in plain stone surrounds on the 1st floor. Doorway
has chamfered rendered surround with date and initials 'RSM 1727' on lintel.
Right-hand portion of front has 3 2-light rendered chamfered mullioned
windows on the ground floor with 2 sashed windows in plain stone surrounds
on the 1st floor. Between them is a plaque 'WPM 1830'. Southern facade is
gabled with similar reproduction mullioned windows in cement render. Barn
adjoining to the left is of rubble with slate roof. Left-hand part of
facade skewed to follow the line of the road, having a wide chamfered opening
with concrete lintel. To the right is a wide blocked opening with segmental
arch having dressed voussoirs and keystone. Gable wall, to the left, has
doorway with chamfered jambs and lintel, and a 2-light rebated and chamfered
mullioned window under the apex.


Listing NGR: SD4770265661

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.