This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4969 / 53°29'48"N
Longitude: -0.3152 / 0°18'54"W
OS Eastings: 511861
OS Northings: 401344
OS Grid: TA118013
Mapcode National: GBR VX70.K5
Mapcode Global: WHHJ2.4C5J
Entry Name: Pump
Listing Date: 24 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1166274
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196612
Location: Caistor, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN7
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Caistor
Built-Up Area: Caistor
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Caistor with Clixby
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TA 1001-1101 CAISTOR MARKET PLACE
Pump, 1897, cast iron, painted, on a stone plinth with 2 steps
up. Made by W. Macfarlane & Co of Glasgow, a major producer of
late C19 decorative ironwork. Square block with integral fluted
plinth surmounted by a lion supporting a shield on which is
inscribed 'To commemorate the 60th year of the reign of H.M.
Queen Victoria. From her loyal subjects of Caistor 20th June
1897'. Beneath a Greek key fret is a royal coat of arms and a
spigot from which water issues into a semi-circular trough
beneath. To the right is a delicate curving pump handle.
Included for group value only.
Listing NGR: TA1186101344
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings