History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Reasby Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Stainton By Langworth, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3036 / 53°18'12"N

Longitude: -0.4 / 0°23'59"W

OS Eastings: 506720

OS Northings: 379708

OS Grid: TF067797

Mapcode National: GBR TZN7.6G

Mapcode Global: WHGHV.T7Q7

Entry Name: Reasby Hall

Listing Date: 30 November 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1166287

English Heritage Legacy ID: 197162

Location: Stainton By Langworth, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN3

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Stainton by Langworth

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Stainton-by-Langworth St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Langworth

Listing Text

TF 07 NE STAINTON BY LANGWORTH REASBY

6/38 Reasby Hall
30.11.66
II

Small country house, now farmhouse. C16, C17, 1708 with
extensive C19 and C20 alterations. Squared limestone rubble with
some C19 brick to plinth, rendered gables and ashlar dressings.
Concrete tiled roof having 3 large rectangular brick stacks to
valley. Parallel ranges. 2 storey with attics, 9 bay front
having plinth, first floor band and eaves board. Off centre C20
door with to right 2 glazing bar sashes and to left 6 similar
windows. Near the centre is a recessed panel bearing the arms of
the Sanderson family inscribed with the initials "NES" and "RS"
and dated "1708", set in a rectangular moulded surround. To
first floor are 9 glazing bar sashes. 2 of the ground floor
windows have ashlar reveals, suggesting that they are part of the
C17 fenestration. The plinth stops immediately to the right of
the door, marking the addition of 2 bays to the original
structure. In the rear wall is a chamfered rectangular window,
at low level, and a buttress, which together provide evidence of
a major C16 structure of a different plan. In the left hand side
is an early C17 doorway with 4 centred arched head and moulded
stone surround. The interior retains chamfered and moulded
girders, some with shield shaped stops. The dog leg stairs have
early C18 turned balusters and moulded hand rail. The service
stair retains C17 splat serpentine balusters at the top. The
roof is of pegged butt purlin construction without ridge piece,
and has carpenters assembly marks to the principals. The spine
wall of the parallel ranges does not divide the roof.


Listing NGR: TF0672079708

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.