History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Dairy Farmhouse and Attached Barn

A Grade II* Listed Building in Weobley, County of Herefordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1613 / 52°9'40"N

Longitude: -2.8783 / 2°52'41"W

OS Eastings: 340016

OS Northings: 251810

OS Grid: SO400518

Mapcode National: GBR FC.5W3R

Mapcode Global: VH77K.2Y61

Entry Name: The Dairy Farmhouse and Attached Barn

Listing Date: 20 February 1953

Last Amended: 10 November 1987

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1166641

English Heritage Legacy ID: 149940

Location: Weobley, County of Herefordshire, HR4

County: County of Herefordshire

Civil Parish: Weobley

Built-Up Area: Weobley

Traditional County: Herefordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire

Church of England Parish: Weobley

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Dilwyn

Listing Text


SO 4051 - 4151 WEOBLEY CP MEADOW STREET (north side)

14/158 The Dairy Farmhouse and
attached barn (formerly
20.2.53 listed as House on opposite -
side of road and to north of
Mansion House)

GV II*

Farmhouse and attached barn. C15, floor inserted C17 and barn added in C17,
with some late C20 alterations. Timber-frame with painted brick and rendered
infill on a coursed rubble plinth under a tile roof. L-plan, hall range to
south-east, cross-wing to north-east with barn attached to northern end. Stack
to front laterally placed at corner of hall is C20 of brick. South-west front
of one storey with attic lit by a gabled dormer to the right. The ground floor
has two 2-light casements with entrance to the right. This has a gabled tiled
canopy and C20 door. The jettied cross-wing is of two storeys with a 2-light
casement over a glazing bar sash. Framing of cross-wing is two square panels
high to the first floor with curved angle braces. The gable truss has a single
strut to the collar. The barn behind is three square panels high. The hall
gable end has a cruck of massive size exposed. Interior: the central truss is
arch-braced and cusped. (RCHM, 3, p 197, no 14; Parkinson, James & Ould, EA,
1904, Old Cottages, Farmhouses and other half-timber buildings in Shropshire,
Herefordshire and Cheshire, London , pl 57).


Listing NGR: SO4001651810

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.