History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Meadow View, Eastleigh, and Former Manse Adjoining to South-West

A Grade II Listed Building in Leigh, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1531 / 52°9'11"N

Longitude: -2.3206 / 2°19'14"W

OS Eastings: 378158

OS Northings: 250585

OS Grid: SO781505

Mapcode National: GBR 0F2.VHC

Mapcode Global: VH92Y.Q4JR

Entry Name: Meadow View, Eastleigh, and Former Manse Adjoining to South-West

Listing Date: 18 July 1972

Last Amended: 18 June 1976

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1166703

English Heritage Legacy ID: 153371

Location: Leigh, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR13

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills

Civil Parish: Leigh

Built-Up Area: Leigh Sinton

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Leigh and Bransford

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Bransford

Listing Text

LEIGH CP LEIGH SINTON ROAD
SO 75 SE
2/57 Meadow View, Eastleigh,
and former manse adjoin-
18.7.72 ing to south-west
18.6.76 (formerly listed as
Countess of Huntingdon's
Chapel and Manse attached
to Countess of Huntingdon's
Chapel)
- II
Chapel and manse, now houses. 1851. Brick in Flemish bond with hipped slate
roof. Chapel formerly of one storey, now with inserted floor. Remainder of
two storeys. East wall of chapel has three tall sashed windows with glazing
bars and round heads. To each side of the central window is a doorway with
round head and fanlight. Above the central window is a stone plaque inscribed:
"1851". Chimneys to left and right behind ridge. The left-hand return wall,
facing south, is of two storeys and four bays. It has sashed windows, with
glazing bars except for the left-hand one on the first floor. Adjoining at
right angles is a wing which formed part of the manse. Its east wall is of
one bay which has a doorway to its right with round head. The Chapel was
founded by the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion.


Listing NGR: SO7815850585

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.