History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pamber Place House

A Grade II Listed Building in Pamber, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3234 / 51°19'24"N

Longitude: -1.1307 / 1°7'50"W

OS Eastings: 460673

OS Northings: 158613

OS Grid: SU606586

Mapcode National: GBR 94B.WH8

Mapcode Global: VHCZV.CZ3W

Entry Name: Pamber Place House

Listing Date: 26 April 1957

Last Amended: 17 October 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1166936

English Heritage Legacy ID: 138966

Location: Pamber, Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG26

County: Hampshire

District: Basingstoke and Deane

Civil Parish: Pamber

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: The Sherbornes with Pamber

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Tadley

Listing Text

SU 65 NW PAMBER
5/16
26.4.57 Pamber Place House
(formerly listed as
Walseford's Farmhouse)

II

1665; additions of circa 1900, in similar style. H-plan of 2 storeys and attic. The
front (east) has forward gables, that on the south side being more elaborately
treated. Tile roof, brick dentil verge and second-floor band to south, a plain
treatment to the north. Red brickwork in English bond, with first-floor band and high
plinth, on the south side these merge with pilasters set in from the corners. Leaded
casements, of 2-lights in the south gable, above 3-lights to the first-floor and 6
(mullions and transom) to the ground-floor. The north side gable has one above 3-light
windows, and a stone plaque with raised characters 1665. Between the 2 gables, the
SWS
recessed front has a large dormer above a porch, formed by extending the roof forward
to a low eaves. The south side is of 4 bays, the westernmost being modern, but
maintaining the division by pilasters, casements (mullions and transom to the
ground-floor). The forecourt has a roadside wall, raised at each end and at the
centre, which is marked by gatepiers with ball finials.


Listing NGR: SU6136160469

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.