History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Great Heath Farmhouse and Attached Cider House to North West

A Grade II Listed Building in Laysters, County of Herefordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2603 / 52°15'36"N

Longitude: -2.6519 / 2°39'6"W

OS Eastings: 355602

OS Northings: 262654

OS Grid: SO556626

Mapcode National: GBR BN.ZPV3

Mapcode Global: VH84Q.ZGD4

Entry Name: Great Heath Farmhouse and Attached Cider House to North West

Listing Date: 23 September 1987

Last Amended: 19 April 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1166956

English Heritage Legacy ID: 150523

Location: Laysters, County of Herefordshire, HR6

County: County of Herefordshire

Civil Parish: Laysters

Traditional County: Herefordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire

Church of England Parish: Leysters

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Middleton on the Hill

Listing Text

In the entry for:

LAYSTERS CP Great Heath Farmhouse

The address shall be amended to read: Great Heath Farmhouse
and attached cider house
to north-west

------------------------------------

LAYSTERS CP
SO 56 SE
8/33 Great Heath Farmhouse
II
Farmhouse. C17, extensively altered in 1851. Timber-framed core refaced
with sandstone rubble, later brick additions, brick shafts to stacks, hipped
Welsh slate roof. Rectangular plan with cross-wing to south-east end, axial
and lateral stacks, entrance to south-west front. Two storeys, with single-
storey section to north-west. South-west front: two 3-light glazing bar
casement windows with square headed C19 labels, similar windows flank doorway
with decorative overlight and six-panelled door, brick addition to right
with similar 2-light window and canted bay window to ground floor with glazing
bar sash windows, date of 1851 below eaves. Interior of main house not
inspected but the interior of the single-storey section to the north-west
retains a cider mill and press with the initials W W and date of 1771.


Listing NGR: SO5560262654

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.