History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Park House

A Grade II Listed Building in Bordley, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0659 / 54°3'57"N

Longitude: -2.1024 / 2°6'8"W

OS Eastings: 393396

OS Northings: 463337

OS Grid: SD933633

Mapcode National: GBR FPRF.M7

Mapcode Global: WHB6T.P229

Entry Name: Park House

Listing Date: 4 May 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1167130

English Heritage Legacy ID: 324615

Location: Bordley, Craven, North Yorkshire, BD23

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven

Civil Parish: Hetton-cum-Bordley

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Find accommodation in
Malham

Listing Text

SD 96 SW BORDLEY

18/29 Park House

- II

House. C17 with late C18 extensions. Limestone rubble, graduated stone
slate roof. 2-storey, 2-bay C17 house with slightly recessed C18 added bay
left and stable bay right. 2-bay house has half-glazed door in chamfered
surround flanked by 4-, now 2,-light recessed chamfered mullioned windows
with hoodmoulds; similar windows of 2 and 3 lights to first floor and a
blocked circular window far right. An inserted date stone above the door
has the letters " 1685" . End rebuilt stacks. Interior: the door opens
RP RP
into a narrow hall with original wall left and an inserted partition right.
The right room has a large blocked fireplace with chamfered cambered arch to
right gable, and 2 spine beams which continue over the partition wall into
the hall. At the far end of the hall a stone half-round stair built into a
rear outshut. The blocked circular window is said to have lit a bacon
cupboard. Added bay to left: board door right, small square 4-pane sash
left, 16-pane sash to first floor. Stable bay to right: a board door left
with small square loading door above. The date stone was removed c1960
from Bleak Bank, a ruined farmhouse north of Park House and formerly the
house of the Proctors. A second date stone ("T 1660 P") is built into the
doorway of a wash house attached to left bay.


Listing NGR: SD9339663337

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.