This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0472 / 52°2'49"N
Longitude: -2.8134 / 2°48'48"W
OS Eastings: 344311
OS Northings: 239065
OS Grid: SO443390
Mapcode National: GBR FG.F0S2
Mapcode Global: VH785.6T00
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 22 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167320
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155359
Location: Eaton Bishop, County of Herefordshire, HR2
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Eaton Bishop
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Eaton Bishop
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
EATON BISHOP CP -
SO 43 NW
2/59 The Manor House
House. C18 with later alterations. Brick, partly finished in render.
Welsh slate roof and brick stacks. Rectangular plan aligned east/west.
Two storeys with cellar. North elevation has five windows, glazing bar
sashes with gauged brick heads. Central doorway has open pediment and
fanlight. Plat band between storeys and brick eaves cornice. Rear eleva-
tion has central sash to staircase. It has a round head and brick semi-
circular hoodmould. Interior has five-flight oak dog-leg staircase with
turned newels and stick balusters. Principal ground floor rooms to west
have marble fireplaces and large double-leaved doors with fluted archi-
trave. Six-panelled doors to ground floor. Upper rooms have doors with
right-angled strap hinges. Attic has early C19 cast iron fireplace with
raised basket. In 1957 a third storey was demolished. Included for group
Listing NGR: SO4430939065
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings