This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7294 / 53°43'45"N
Longitude: -1.2486 / 1°14'54"W
OS Eastings: 449672
OS Northings: 426151
OS Grid: SE496261
Mapcode National: GBR MTQ9.HV
Mapcode Global: WHDC1.SJMB
Entry Name: Service Wing of Byram Hall to West of Coach and Stables
Listing Date: 18 January 1952
Last Amended: 14 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167514
English Heritage Legacy ID: 326071
Location: Byram cum Sutton, Selby, North Yorkshire, WF11
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Byram cum Sutton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Brotherton St Edward the Confessor
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
BYRAM-CUM-SUTTON BYRAM PARK
SE 42 NE
3/15 Service wing of Byram
Hall to west of Coach
18.1.52 House and Stables
(formerly listed as Byram Hall)
Service wing. Late C18 with later additions and alterations. By John Carr.
Rendered brick and sandstone ashlar with ashlar and red gauged brick
dressings. 3 storeys, 9 bays. Ground floor: to rear alternate bays are
entrances in ashlar surrounds and with 6-panel doors; further entrance to
2nd bay a C20 door, otherwise 12-pane sashes with radial glazing to heads.
1st and 2nd floors: 12-pane sashes with ashlar sills and flat arches of red
gauged brick. Cornice. Low parapet conceals roof. Main part of the house
now demolished. Included for group value. Disused and dilapidated at time
Listing NGR: SE4967226151
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings