History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pavilion Approximately 50 Metres South East of Kildwick Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Kildwick, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9126 / 53°54'45"N

Longitude: -1.9826 / 1°58'57"W

OS Eastings: 401242

OS Northings: 446274

OS Grid: SE012462

Mapcode National: GBR GRL6.L5

Mapcode Global: WHB7G.JX4D

Entry Name: Pavilion Approximately 50 Metres South East of Kildwick Hall

Listing Date: 10 September 1954

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1167687

English Heritage Legacy ID: 324734

Location: Kildwick, Craven, North Yorkshire, BD20

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven

Civil Parish: Kildwick

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Kildwick St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Low Bradley

Listing Text

SE 04 NW KILDWICK GRANGE ROAD
(north side)

1/7 Pavilion approximately
50 metres south east
of Kildwick Hall
10.9.54

GV II

Garden pavilion, now dovecote. Mid C17 with mid - late C18 alterations.
Coursed squared gritstone and ashlar, graduated stone slate roof. A small
square single-storey building with a gable to each side. Quoins and
projecting waterspout at eaves to each angle; coped gables with pyramidal
finials to corners and apexes; oriental-style crocketed finial to centre
of roof. West, entrance, front: 6-panel double doors in plain surround
with tie-stone jambs. Rear: blocked C18 narrow window with cusped
chamfered head and central iron bar. North and south sides: blocked 3-
light recessed chamfered mullion window under hoodmould with label stops
carved with scroll motif. Interior: coved plaster ceiling with frieze of
fluting and flower motifs. The building appears to have been built with
the garden revetment wall; the label stops are similar to those on the rear
kitchen of Kildwick Hall (q.v.) dated 1673.

Listing NGR: SE0124246274

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.