This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9132 / 51°54'47"N
Longitude: -2.5294 / 2°31'45"W
OS Eastings: 363683
OS Northings: 223986
OS Grid: SO636239
Mapcode National: GBR FT.PR5T
Mapcode Global: VH86K.35PN
Entry Name: Barn on South Side of Farmyard at Bollitree Castle Farmhouse with Arcaded Farm Building Adjoining to South
Listing Date: 18 May 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167693
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155506
Location: Weston under Penyard, County of Herefordshire, HR9
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Weston under Penyard
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Weston under Penyard
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
WESTON UNDER PENYARD CP -
SO 62 SW
Barn on south side of
farmyard at Bollitree
Castle Farmhouse with
18.5.53 arcaded farm building
adjoining to south
Barn and farm building, possibly used as cattle shelter and hay loft.
Probably early C19. Sandstone rubble with slate roofs. On the north
side the barn has a waggon entrance with slated canopy, and a lean-to
addition to the left. The entrance in the south wall is now boarded.
Adjoining at right angles is a farm building with an open arcade of
ten round arches springing from round piers: On the first floor are
seven openings with plain stone surrounds and pointed heads. The left-
hand one is approached by external stone steps. The left-hand end of the
building, adjoining the barn, is open on the ground floor and has timber
posts supporting a timber-framed wall with brick infill. This has a
central post, braced down to a rail and upwards to a wall-plate: The
southern end wall is embattled and has a re-used moulded pointed doorway,
quatrefoils, a carved head, and a plaque inscribed: "WP (?) 1819". The
east wall, bordering a road, is blank: Interior: both buildings have
bolted king-post trusses.
Listing NGR: SO6368323986
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings