This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.314 / 52°18'50"N
Longitude: -2.0708 / 2°4'14"W
OS Eastings: 395272
OS Northings: 268439
OS Grid: SO952684
Mapcode National: GBR 2G3.Z4K
Mapcode Global: VH9ZS.234D
Entry Name: The String of Horses
Listing Date: 16 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167695
English Heritage Legacy ID: 156148
Location: Stoke, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60
Civil Parish: Stoke
Built-Up Area: Bromsgrove
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Stoke Prior, Wychbold and Upton Warren
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 95 68 STOKE PRIOR CP AVONCROFT MUSEUM OF BUILDINGS
17/97 The String of Horses
Two houses, now shop and offices. Probably 1576 for John Worral, re-erected
and restored 1975/76. Timber-frame with rendered infill and tile roof.
L-plan. Two storeys with attic to gable-end of range on right; four windows:
all 3-light, save that to right of five lights; ground floor: three windows:
a 2- and a 3-light casesment, to right-hand corner a C19 shop front with plate
glass window, entrance angled across the corner with glazed door; two other
entrances to left have restored carved doorheads and C20 doors. Framing:
first floor jettied, close-studding with mid-rail, studs bearing cabled
pilasters with corbel heads. Removed from the corner of New Street and
Frankwell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire in 1971.
Listing NGR: SO9527268438
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings