This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0988 / 52°5'55"N
Longitude: -3.0947 / 3°5'41"W
OS Eastings: 325107
OS Northings: 245065
OS Grid: SO251450
Mapcode National: GBR F2.9WH1
Mapcode Global: VH77T.9HSW
Entry Name: Two Chambers Memorials and Railed Enclosure About 55 Metres Northwest of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167696
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153662
Location: Clifford, County of Herefordshire, HR3
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Clifford
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Clifford
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 24 NE CLIFFORD CP
2/41 2 Chambers memorials and
railed enclosure about
55 metres north-west of
west tower of Church of
Two chest tombs in railed enclosure. Early C19. Ashlar and wrought iron.
Rectangular plan railings, standards have urn finials. North tomb: bold
corner balusters decorated with crossed sprigs of wheat, raised inscription
panel flanked by borders of stylised flowers, moulded cornice, bevelled top.
Inscription: "Sacred to the Memory/ of/ Lewis Chambers/ late of the Lower
Court/ in this Parish/ who departed this life/ 20th of May/ 1810/ aged
73 years". South tomb: bold corner balusters decorated with paterae,
raised inscription panel flanked by borders of classical urns above floral
motifs; fluted frieze, moulded cornice, bevelled top. Inscription: "Sacred/
to the Memory of Ann, Relict of the/ late Lewis Chambers, she departed/ this
life the 17th of September 1814/ in the 64 year of/ her Age." These are
good examples of stone masonry and enhance the setting of the church; they
contribute to the group value of the other memorials in the churchyard.
Listing NGR: SO2510745065
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings