This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2102 / 54°12'36"N
Longitude: -0.2856 / 0°17'8"W
OS Eastings: 511903
OS Northings: 480736
OS Grid: TA119807
Mapcode National: GBR VMFR.YJ
Mapcode Global: WHHDL.LF6S
Entry Name: The Lodge and the Coach-House
Listing Date: 23 August 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167819
English Heritage Legacy ID: 326955
Location: Filey, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO14
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Filey
Built-Up Area: Filey
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Filey St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: York
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 09/02/2016
TA 1080 and TA 1180
MITFORD STREET (north side)
The Lodge and the Coach-house
Coach-house and stables; now two dwellings. By Walter Brierley for
Miss E. Clarke. Hammer-dressed sandstone with tiled roof. Jacobethan
style. 1½-storeys main range, with 1½-storey projecting range to right.
Full-height projecting gabled bay to centre of main range, with C20 glazed
door beneath C20 casements replacing original loft door. C20 glazed door to
right in former coach arch. Mullion and transom windows to ground floor.
C20 half dormer inserted to right of projecting bay. Gable end to right:
C20 french window under flat dripmould between buttresses with off-sets.
Basket-arched gate to left in pent flanking wall. Pigeon loft in gable end.
Glass canopy on iron struts runs between pent flanking range and main range.
Moulded first floor band; overhanging bracketed eaves. Bell cupola to
centre of main roof. Coped gables and plain kneelers. Single stack pierces
roof at intersection of main range and projecting wing. Interior: fine king
post roof exposed in projecting wing. Tile buildings form part of the former
ancillary buildings to Northcliffe House (q.v.).
Listing NGR: TA1190380736
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings