History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Utterby House

A Grade II Listed Building in Utterby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4189 / 53°25'7"N

Longitude: -0.0379 / 0°2'16"W

OS Eastings: 530491

OS Northings: 393132

OS Grid: TF304931

Mapcode National: GBR XX5X.L4

Mapcode Global: WHHJL.DB5C

Entry Name: Utterby House

Listing Date: 9 September 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1168210

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195364

Location: Utterby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Utterby

Built-Up Area: Utterby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Fotherby St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
South Elkington

Listing Text

TF 39 SW UTTERBY CHURCH LANE

7/57 Utterby House
9.9.67
G.V. II

House. 1718 altered and extended c.1810. Red brick, with
painted stucco dressings, slate roof with stone coped gables and
2 gable stacks, lead roof behind plain parapet. L-plan. A 2
storey facing block was added to the front of the early C18 house
c.1810. 2 storey with attic, 3 bay front, the middle bay
slightly advanced. Central half glazed door with bordered
lights, up 3 steps, having Roman Doric portico with plain
entablature, flanked by single large bordered sashes. To first
floor are 3 similar narrower windows. All have rusticated stucco
lintels with key blocks. In the roof are 3 dormers with
pedimented lead roofs and sliding glazing bar sashes. To left
hand side is a 2 storey early C19 bow window and a large
contemporary glazing bar conservatory. To right hand side front
is an inscribed painted stone "Built by Captain John Sapfford
1718" placed over a ground floor window and over the side door a
fire insurance plaque. Interior. Early C19 stair with wreathed
handrail and carved cut string. Architraves reeded with patera
corner blocks. Greek key moulded cornices and plaster roundels.
The original front wall of the house has been opened up into 3
wide elliptical arches. The Sapfford memorials are in the
Church.


Listing NGR: TF3049193132

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.