History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Helen and Tomb Enclosure

A Grade II Listed Building in North Ormsby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4202 / 53°25'12"N

Longitude: -0.0616 / 0°3'41"W

OS Eastings: 528915

OS Northings: 393240

OS Grid: TF289932

Mapcode National: GBR XX0W.GN

Mapcode Global: WHHJL.09YB

Entry Name: Church of St Helen and Tomb Enclosure

Listing Date: 9 March 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1168222

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195289

Location: North Ormsby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: North Ormsby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Fotherby St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
South Elkington

Listing Text

NORTH ORMSBY CHURCH LANE
TF 29 SE
3/37 Church of
St. Helen and
9.3.67
tomb enclosure
G.V. II

Parish church, now closed, and tomb enclosure. 1848 by S. S.
Teulon, in Early English style. Squared limestone rubble, green
slate, stone coped roofs. Nave with western bellcote and porch,
chancel. The west door is between 2 stepped buttresses and
covered by gabled porch having moulded outer doorway on free
standing shafts, with moulded inner surround, flanked by single
lancets. Above a 2 light window, trefoil headed niche and gabled
bellcote. The nave side walls have 3 paired trefoil headed
lancets. The chancel side walls have 2 single lancets and on the
south side a pointed doorway with moulded hood and label stops.
The east window is of 3 lights with geometric tracery and moulded
hood. East of the chancel a railed grave enclosure, cast iron
railings with spear head tops and an urn pedestal tomb to Mary
Russell d.1855. Interior. Single chamfered chancel arch with
octagonal imposts on human head corbels. Arch braced roof on
moulded corbels. All fittings removed apart from C19 pulpit and
C15 octagonal font.


Listing NGR: TF2891593240

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.