This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5806 / 51°34'50"N
Longitude: 0.7071 / 0°42'25"E
OS Eastings: 587663
OS Northings: 190329
OS Grid: TQ876903
Mapcode National: GBR QNX.ZHX
Mapcode Global: VHKHF.6JPP
Entry Name: 46, South Street
Listing Date: 23 July 1973
Last Amended: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168270
English Heritage Legacy ID: 123233
Location: Rochford, Rochford, Essex, SS4
Civil Parish: Rochford
Built-Up Area: Rochford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Rochford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
ROCHFORD SOUTH STREET
TQ 8790 SE
16/242 No. 46 (formerly listed
23.7.73 as Nos 46 and 48)
Formerly a row of cottages, now offices. C18 with later alterations. Red brick
faced. C20 pargetted plaster left return. Red plain tiled gambrel roof. One
storey and attics. 2 hipped dormers with small paned vertically sliding sashes.
2 similar windows with segmental heads to ground floor. C19 shop window to
right of 3 lights with centre transom, fascia and canopy over, vertically
boarded door to left with pentice board over. Between the 2 windows are 2
panelled doors with moulded surrounds, friezes and flat canopies on brackets. A
plaque above the doors reads "WE 1786" and another to right reads "Restored 1974
KCC". 2 iron S tie plates to front wall.
Listing NGR: TQ8766390329
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings